Haltbakk Bunkers, a Norwegian shipping and oil company, has announced that it will stop supplying fuel for the U.S. Navy following tense talks in the Oval Office with President Donald Trump and Vice President JDVance.
Tore Sandvik has reaffirmed Norway‘s commitment to the United States despite Haltbakk Bunkers’ decision. Sandvik said that “American forces continue to get the support and supply they need from Norway.”
Haltbakk Bunkers Decision: Its Significance
A heated discussion in the Oval Office has caused controversy. Many supporters of Trump have praised his handling of this situation. However, others have raised concerns about it and reiterated support for Zelensky. The meeting highlights the changing geopolitical climate and the complex nature of the Russia/Ukraine War.
Under Biden’s previous administration, Ukraine was a close ally to the United States. Trump has called him a dictator since taking office, falsely alleging that Ukraine was the one who started war against Russia.
Haltbakk Bunkers’ decision to suspend fuel supplies to the U.S. Navy represents one of first examples of economic and political international pushback to President Trump’s stance regarding the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
What we learned from the Oval Office Meeting
This meeting, which was characterized by a fiery exchange between Vice President Vance and President Zelensky on Friday, went against traditional diplomatic conventions. This unusual display revealed a shift in U.S. policy towards this conflict that is entering its third season.
Several European and international leaders have issued statements expressing their support for Kyiv. These include French President Emmanuel Macron as well as the Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk. Reports indicate that Zelensky had been interrupted, and was accused of disrespecting the other participants during discussions.
Haltbakk Bunkers, a privately-owned Norwegian marine fuel supplier led by Gunnar Gran, initially released a statement criticizing President Trump and Vice President Vance, describing the exchange as a “sh**show.” The company has now removed the original post and made its Facebook page private. Screenshots of it continue to circulate.
Haltbakk Bunkers, in a now deleted post, praised Zelensky for his composure amid what they perceived to be a disrespectful show by the U.S. It stated: “Huge Credit to the President (of Ukraine) for) Restraining Himself and For Keeping Calm Even Though the USA Put on A Backstabbing Television Show. This made us sick. We have therefore decided to STOP immediately providing fuel to American troops in Norway, and to their ships visiting Norwegian ports. ‘No Fuel to Americans!'” It also encouraged Norwegian and European companies to take similar measures.
Gunnar Grant clarified his position in an interview. Kystens NæringslivHaltbakk Bunkers stopped dealing with Russian companies after the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, in February 2020. Gran admitted the impact on the company’s finances, but said that his decision was based upon “moral compass”.
Gran told Kystens Næringsliv, ““Not a single liter of fuel will be delivered before Trump finishes” and noted further that the company supplied about 3 million liters to U.S. vessels in 2024. This highlighted the importance of the maritime fuel supply chain in the area.
Tore O.Sandvik, Norway’s Minister of Defence, released a statement Sunday addressing the current situation. Reports have raised concerns regarding the Norwegian Navy’s support. Sandvik stated that the Norwegian government does not support this policy.
Sandvik highlighted the close defense relationship between the two countries. The U.S. maintains a strong and close defense partnership with Norway. The Norwegian forces will continue to supply the American military with all of their supplies and assistance. Norway, a founding NATO country, is committed to maintaining the security of its region.

Public Figures and Social Media Reactions
On Saturday, the X account (formerly Twitter), “Republicans Against Trump”, posted a message.: “WOW. Haltbakk Bunkers announced yesterday that, following the ambush on President Zelensky in yesterday’s Oval Office, it would no longer fuel U.S. Navy ships, and urged other European companies to follow. “The United States has never been weaker or more isolated.”
Marjorie Taylor Greene is a Georgia Republican who spoke to X Friday.“President Trump, along with Vice President Vance, will place America First at all times. Zelensky’s disrespect of the U.S. while in the Oval Office should not be tolerated. “This is what We The People Want to See!”
Bill Madden shared on X-Saturday his experience as a music critic and musician.After Trump’s shocking behavior with Zelensky in their Oval Office meeting, Norway’s Haltbakk Bunkers won’t provide fuel for U.S. Forces overseas. America’s allies will tolerate Trump’s racism and love of the murderous Putin with zero tolerance.
Ed Krassenstein who has 1 million followers and is a Trump-hater on X, shared Haltbakk Bunkers post. He wrote: Trump is turning America into an enemy of its allies, and an ally of their adversaries.
What’s Next for U.S. – Ukrainian Relations?
Relationship between U.S.A., and Ukraine are uncertain following the controversial meeting. The relationship between the U.S. and Ukraine is uncertain after the contentious meeting.
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has announced that Britain, France, Canada, NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte and Turkey’s Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan will be meeting with the U.S. to discuss strategies to end the Russia/Ukraine conflict.